Julie Arguinzoni, co-founder of Victory Outreach International, has a tremendous burden to see women from all walks of life rise up to the call of God and find their place in ministry. From a tiny handful of women, United Women in Ministry has grown and blossomed into what is now an international women’s movement.
United Women In Ministry exists to uphold, encourage, and challenge Victory Outreach International women in their daily walk as disciples of Jesus Christ. The mission of United Women In Ministry is, in the larger sense, common to all Christians — that of uplifting Christ in the church and in the world.
Victory Outreach United Women In Ministry International is called to the task of evangelizing and discipling the hurting people of the world with the message of hope and plan of Jesus Christ.
This call involves a commitment to train, develop, inspire and instill within women the desire to fulfill their potential in life with a sense of dignity, belonging and destiny.
Victory Outreach United Women In Ministry International serves as a financial support-base to world missions and works hand in hand with the vision of Victory Outreach International to accomplish the task before us.
1. Foster spiritual growth and renewal among women.
2. Affirm that women are of inestimable worth by virtue of their creation and redemption, and to equip them for service in the church.
3. Minister to the broad spectrum of women’s needs across the life span being sensitive to multi-cultural and multiethnic perspectives.
4. Liaise and cooperate with other specialized departments of the church to facilitate the ministry to women.
5. Build goodwill among women in the church that encourages bonds of friendship, mutual support, and the creative exchange of ideas and information.
6. Mentor and encourage Victory Outreach women by creating paths for their involvement in the church as they reach for their potential in Christ.
7. Find ways and means to challenge each Victory Outreach woman to use her gifts to compliment the talents of others as they work side by side to further the global mission of “United We Can” and Victory Outreach International.
8. To accomplish the goals set before them, United Women In Ministry sponsors many activities such as: Leadership trainings, discipleships, conventions, conferences, and retreats.
Victory Outreach United Women in Ministry’s standard for leadership is excellence. A women’s ministry leader in the local Victory Outreach church is expected to develop specific ministries, nurture women, and equip them for service to God and the church. She serves to provide encouraging ideas and plans which maximize women’s contributions to the mission of the Victory Outreach International.
She is a woman with a sensitive and caring nature who has a burden for women’s ministry. She has an ability to encourage other women to cultivate their spiritual gifts and is able to work well with the women in the church, the pastor, and the Victory Outreach International United Women In Ministry Steering Committee.
The Victory Outreach International United Women In Ministry Steering Committee is composed of Pastor's Wives who are interested in the broad spectrum of women’s needs and services. The team is balanced with the members being persons with varied talents and experience. The major responsibilities of the United Women In Ministry Steering Committee are:
1. To assess the needs of women in the local church and community.
2. To brainstorm and develop strategies and activities that minister to women.
3. To plan and implement these and other initiatives that relate to women’s specific and varied needs.
4. To facilitate local church participation in annual events, programs and activities, such as the leadership conferences and United We Can mission support, and encourage them in service.
5. Victory Outreach United Women In Ministry is committed to encouraging, challenging, equipping, and nurturing women as they do their part in carrying the Gospel message to the world.
According to Julie Arguinzoni, “God is not looking for your ability or inability. He is looking for your availability.”